Critical Concerns of the Sisters of Mercy
The Fourth Institute Chapter recognized the need to intensify our responses to critical needs of our times which continue to call us to conversion:
* To practice NON-VIOLENCE in all aspects of our personal lives and in our world.
* To treat all others with respect and justice so that all types of RACISM and divisions among people will end.
* To take care of God's gift to us- the EARTH. Currently, water is of great concern because not everyone has clean water to drink, while others have more than enough.
* To continue care for WOMEN in today's world with today's needs and concerns.
* To take to heart and act with justice to aid IMMIGRANTS.
The Sisters of Mercy ask that all those who benefit from the work of Catherine McAuley, and all the women who have followed in her footsteps, would join in the efforts to help make the world a better place as Jesus taught us.
Mercy Core Values
Core values are the essense and approach to living in the spirit of Mercy. The following attitudes and behaviors are the soul of the life and learning at Our Lady of Mercy.
HOSPITALITY is a warm and generous welcoming of all. We will cultivate an atmosphere of non-violence, belonging and reverence.
COMPASSIONATE SERVICE is living out the Gospel imperative to care for those in need. We will seek to understand the needs of others and respond with Christ-like mercy.
JUSTICE-MAKING is removing barriers that prohibit people from flourishing. We will strive to open our hearts and minds as we work with others to transform unjust systems.
CONCERN FOR WOMEN AND WOMEN'S ISSUES is recognizing the inherent dignity and God-given equality of all human life. We will work to promoate a just treatment of women in all aspects of church and society.
GLOBAL VISION is seeing the world from God's perspective. We will promote an equitable global community through careful stewardship of human, economic, and natural resources.